The Renewal Process

Renewing your CFI with AceCFI is simple and easy.

Three steps:

1. Register for the course

Click the “Create New Account” button on the left menu to start the registration process (simply follow the directions).

After you’ve finished the registration process, you can take the course immediately, and you will be able to re-take the course every two years without paying again.

During the registration process, you will choose if you would like to renew with our ACR service (for an additional $25). If you choose our ACR service and follow our simple renewal checklist, you will receive your Temporary Airman Certificate by email within 3 business days.  

If you choose not to use our ACR service then you will need to make an appointment with your local FSDO and present them with the proper paperwork.

2. Complete the course

The course itself consists of 12 lessons, each with a 5 question end-of-lesson quiz.

After taking each lesson, you must pass the end-of-lesson quiz (scoring an 80% or better) before moving on to the next lesson. After all 12 lessons are complete, you will then take and pass (80% or better) a 15 question multiple-choice exam.

Once you’ve completed all 12 lessons, the end of lesson quizzes, and the comprehensive exam, you will receive a graduation certificate for the course. Additionally, you will also receive a certificate for completing annual “Recurrent Security Awareness Training”.

3. Apply for your temporary airmen certificate

If you purchased our paperless ACR processing option, you will follow the steps on our “ACR Services” page to complete your application for renewal in the FAA Integrated Airman Certification and Rating Application (IACRA). After you’ve finished your application, we will review your application and send you an email when it’s ready for your electronic signature. Once you’ve signed the application we will send your Temporary Airmen Certificate via email within a few days.

If you did not elect to use our ACR processing service you will need to make an appointment with your local FSDO and present them with the proper paperwork.